Safety is paramount, and the property industry must strictly play its part during the latest lockdown as the housing market remains open. It is vitally important that estate agents as well as people looking for homes adhere to the strict protocols implemented during lockdown and the specific Government safety guidelines.
Government guidance stresses the increased importance home moves and associated activities, including property viewings, are carried out in a manner that minimises the risk of transmission. Properties should be viewed virtually in the first instance and only physical viewings for those who are in a genuine position to proceed with purchasing or letting the property.
Due to the ongoing and rapidly changing situation of coronavirus (COVID-19), we are requiring all people attending in person viewings/meetings with us to make a health declaration. Lakin & Co will rely on this declaration to protect your health and the health of staff and visitors.
Each visitor must complete and submit this below form prior to their viewing appointment.
If you are unable to make the declaration below, please inform us. Regrettably we will not be able to meet with you.
If during your viewing you experience any of the symptoms below, you must immediately notify your host or a member of the Lakin & Co’s Team.
We do this as a preventive measure to mitigate the risk of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and allow us to safely continue in person viewings while following the government guidance. This declaration form will be retained until the Government’s COVID Threat Level reduces to 1, unless a longer period is required by the public authorities or for the purposes of litigation.
1. I confirm that I will not attend a viewing with Lakin & Co or their offices (Uxbridge & Ickenham Branches) if any of the following apply:
a. I am, or someone in my household is a ‘Clinically Extremely Vulnerable Individual’.
b. I am currently experiencing any of the COVID-19 main symptoms, including:
– a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
– flu-like symptoms
– a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
– a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
c. I have entered the UK from another country within the last 14 days.
d. I am aware, that either I have or someone else in my household has been in contact with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
e. I live with someone who is:
– self-isolating due to experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or
– waiting for COVID-19 test results.
2. If I am over 70 years old or a ‘Clinically Vulnerable Individual’(please see Section 9) I will:
Inform my Lakin & Co contact at least 48hrs before my visit and not attend the in person viewing or Lakin & Co’s offices unless it has been confirmed to me by my contact that they are able to receive me at the property viewing or at Lakin & Co’s offices.
3. I agree to comply with all applicable government guidance on social distancing and self-isolation during my visit and any site rules issued by Lakin & Co including wearing a face mask at all times during my visit and a maximum of two adults only from my household will attend the appointment/meeting.
© 2022 Lakin & Co. | All Rights Reserved